Interior Designer vs Interior Decorator: Precisely Explained
What is an Interior Decorator?
- Developing design color schemes and concepts
- Networking with furniture, fabric, lighting, and accessory suppliers to bring clients the best deals
- Staying on top of the latest trends and products to fully resolve interior schemes
What is an Interior Designer?
Can You Be Both an Interior Designer and Interior Decorator?
- Inquire about their qualifications
- Ask to see their portfolio of similar projects and even references
- Meet with them face-to-face to ensure you can communicate well and share the same vision
- Enquire about their resources and trade connections
3 Most Common Interior Designer and Decorator Misconceptions
1. Interior Designers and Decorators Only Take on Big Budget JobsWhen asking many homeowners why they didn’t hire a certified interior designer and decorator, the answer is often that it’s too expensive. If you’re aiming for a beautifully designed and decorated space, the benefits of hiring the right professional will far outweigh the costs. A designer can show you details about your property that you might not have considered before. Thanks to their professional experience, they can also help you avoid costly mistakes that novices might fall for when it comes to interior design. A good interior designer and decorator will work towards your budget–no matter the size–to help you achieve the best possible outcome within your means.
2. They Only Handle the Creative Aspect of Your ProjectContrary to popular belief, interior designers and decorators don’t just manage the creative side of a project. As we’ve mentioned, designers also account for the functionality of a space. Their goal is to make an area as convenient and accessible as possible while delivering a visually pleasing design. Interior decorators might be more focused on aesthetics, but they also handle many management tasks. From liaising with suppliers and coordinating deliveries to finding the right installation services, decorators work hard in the background to ensure the success of your project.
3. They Make Every Design DecisionThe relationship between a certified interior designer and decorator and their client is a collaborative one. Professionals will meet with the client, list their wants and needs, and discover their individual tastes to become fully attuned to their vision. After developing several concepts, the designer or decorator will present the clients with their ideas and explain the reasoning behind their decision. This practice gives clients an opportunity to voice their agreement or concerns.
Award-Winning Scottsdale Interior Designer, Decorator, and Custom Window Treatments Specialist
If you’re looking for a professional who can serve as an interior designer, decorator, and custom window treatments specialist, you’re in the right place.
Amy Wolff has the skills and experience to transform your space into a functional, cohesive, visually pleasing unit that reflects your style.
Interior Designer and Decorator Costs in Scottsdale
2021 Best of Houzz Service
Amy Wolff Interiors is also recognized in the industry as a trusted source of interior design, having won the Best of Houzz Service Award five times as well as various Houzz badges over the years.
Whatever your goals, Amy Wolff Interiors can help you achieve them in the most cost-effective way possible. Contact us today by calling (480) 683-0200, and let’s go over your design options today.